- 10 students from across the state of Tennessee
- 2 Professors
- Tight connections
- Bad Weather
- International Destination
- It is helpful if the most of the students don’t know each other and have only met the professors once before.
- Include 1 Professor who speaks Portuguese and has been to Brazil several times (Make sure that he is the one in charge.)
- Add 1 Professor who has never been to Brazil, but has traveled a lot and hopes her Italian and other language skills come in handy.
- Recipe can be extra spicy if you add extra requirements for luggage. Musicians with guitars, mandolins and violas added to photography students with cameras and tripods create just the right amount of flavor to this author’s recipe!
- Marinate on a hard airport floor in Miami during long layover due to a missed connection. Season this with extra cold air conditioning and a loud speaker that announces the time every 15 minutes, welcomes you to the Miami Airport and reminds you of TSA regulations.
Let all ingredients simmer in 3 Airports and 3 Airplanes for over 30 hours.
The secret ingredient for making this recipe work is a positive attitude.
Remember: “keep smiling” that “everything will be all right.”
In the end, the traveler will be ripe and ready for whatever travel adventures may come their way.